One of my new years resolutions is to read more physical books this year. I spend a lot of time online and read a lot online. Nothing beats the feel of a book in your hands though. I started with “A new earth” by Eckhard Tolle and it is already a big step in the right direction for me. I’ve not read much at all as a new baby in the house is making reading pretty challenging. Even with time to read I normally get no further than a few lines before I fall asleep. But, have a look at some of the beautiful quotes I already came across:
On being present:
- “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
- “The past has no power over the present moment.”
- “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.”
- “Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now, and if the past can’t prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?”
The challenge is to be present at all times. It’s surprising how we are constantly living outside of the present moment. We’re constantly living for later today, tomorrow, next week, payday or month end. How do we not only enjoy the present and truly live in the now?
I’ll provide more updates on this as I progress.