Let’s take a quick recap of those 2020 goals that I listed a while back.
- The greatest dad: I’m feeling pretty good about this one. I still haven’t found a dad-mentor but I absolutely just love spending time with my son. I am doing ok. How am I going to improve? I need to learn to be more present.
- The greatest husband: This is a really complicated one. I am trying. I watched a pretty cool TED talk that gives the following 3 ways to build a happy marriage:
- Get married when you are older (Much can be said here, but yeah… we did kinda get married later)
- Be influence-able
- Be reliable, and have your partners back.
- Look great: I am in a good exercise and gym routine. I feel I am close to be in the best shape of my life. All I need to do is cut out the sugar. That is the difficult one.
- Feel great: I’m not getting enough time to game, watch movies/series or just be by myself. My diet is lacking, partly out of my control but I need to step-up and take accountability.
- Do Great: I sometimes feel that I am not doing much for humanity, I am not “paying it back”. But then I remember that one of my main philosophies has lately been on par with this quote from Gandalf:
“Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. … Small acts of kindness and love.”
- Great home: With the lockdown in full swing I thought I would have more time for things like DIY. But my work is busier than ever. So for me not much has changed. I feel I have pretty much replaced the role of our domestic, which is a little frustrating. The more I try to declutter the more resistance I get.
- Great Job: My job is the one thing that is taking off and heading for the sky. Wow I am busy, it is stressful, and I love it. Yes the admin part to is sucks, but it is really ok. I am enjoying it. I need to make time to study, get my certifications.