It’s never too late to start a “life lesson” list. I’ve been working on mine for some time now. I keep emailing it to myself as time goes by and add to it whenever I have the time.
Sadly I’ve lost a few entries over time…
1. Your work is just your work, its not your life. Know when to draw the line.
2. Never forget the difference between a calling and a career
3. No matter how you treat some people, sometimes they will unfortunately remain assholes
4. Know what makes you happy, follow it/do it and don’t be afraid to let the world know about it.
5. Don’t underestimate the power of a simple question, a look, a small gift, a text message or time spent on friends family and strangers.
6. God is good all the time (I feel this statement needs a lot of clarification, but perhaps another time)
7. People don’t complete each other, if you’re not complete without him/her then you wont be complete with him/her.