So 2013 is already 2 weeks in full swing, and I find myself back at work Today. I had a really nice break, and boy was it a good idea to put in the extra week of leave after our Zanzibar trip. So, am I rested? Am I ready to kick 2013 in the ass and do and become all that I plan to? I don’t know… what I do know is that at least there is a plan. A set of goals if you will. I mentioned these a few posts ago already. I like setting goals… I believe the achievement of a worthy/challenging goal is the first step to true happiness.
This year I am going to focus on the small things. Too often we have these BIG goals which sound great and impressive, but it gets lost in everyday life. Instead I have compiled a list of smaller goals that when achieved will lead to the achievement of a bigger goal or as I also call it, a Vision.
This year I will try to focus more on self-fulfillment. It is only when we as individuals are filled/happy ourselves that we can overflow into the emptiness of others and help them get filled. The old saying goes, first love yourself before you can love others.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what I plan to focus on this year:
1. Health. Big thing for me this year. Starting from eating healthy, to exercising, to even possibly kicking the worst habit I could have started in my life.
2. Wife. This is more of a global all-encompassing goal type of thing. This one will never stop, but this year we will continue the awesome journey we are on, building into each other and making our dreams happen together. Nothing excites me more than this! The journey of 2 that became 1.
3. Career. Not an easy one, but I have a feeling this is the year when a few serious decisions will be made in terms of what I really want to do with the rest of my life. Yup, the question that haunts us all.
4. Family and Friends. This is always a very important thing for me. I will surround myself with people that build me up, keep me motivated and is generally fun to be around. Gone are the days where I will hang with people that drag me down.
5. Spiritually. Also a goal that flows into everything else. This is the glue that holds everything together. I am not quite sure where I want to go with this this year, but I have dotted down a few things I know I need to do to be more in touch, more open, more willing and more aware.
Am I ready for this year? Yes! Bring it on!